[DGD]Default Wiztool not loaded ?

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 16 19:31:04 CET 2001

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 01:24:03PM -0500, Stephen Schmidt wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Erwin Harte wrote:
[...]
> > What you need to do is make your own wiztool, a good start is probably
> > to copy /kernel/obj/wiztool.c to ~System/obj/wiztool.c and make sure
> > your user.c clones that instead.
>
> Indeed, I wonder why wiztool is located in the kernel directory
> in the first place? It is the kind of thing that will tend to
> be cloned by non-kernel objects, isn't it? Would it not be
> more appropriate to make an obj directory in the root directory
> of the mudlib, and put the wiztool there? I imagine there are
> some Security Issues to be fudged that way too, though.

The /kernel/obj/ version is not much more than a wrapper around the
/kernel/lib/wiztool.c object which contains all the functionality.

I assume the reason there is one in the kernel is because the lib
needs to be able to function in the default setup when there is no
/usr/System/ to speak of.  This way the kernel-lib can be distributed
and upgraded without interfering with local versions of files there.

Regards,

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte         :    `Don't mind Erwin, he gets crabby. :)'
harte at xs4all.nl     :       -- Par Winzell <zell at skotos.net>