[DGD]DGD and Melville

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Thu Jan 11 21:17:22 CET 2001

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Nightlith wrote:
>     What's the relationship of Player.c and Creation.c?

player.c is the object which is cloned to create the body
of the player in the mud world. When the body is cloned,
the player's attributes are read in from a data file.
creation.c is the code that asks a new player for the
initial information (name, password, and if you added
such things, race, social background, etc) and fills
in any pregenerated information (such as stats if you
have those). creation.c is never cloned, but is invoked
each time a player logs on and enters a player name
with no data file associated.

> If I create a living.c who should inherit it? player.c or creation.c?

player.c, presuming that living.c would be code that would
be common to both a player body and a monster body.

Steve