[DGD]DGD and Melville

Nightlith nightlith at mb.sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 11 21:03:45 CET 2001

Hi!

    I'm trying to set up a mud using DGD (v1.2) and Melville (v0.9) under Windows. Fortunately I've had no trouble. I'd like to enhance the mudlib to create a Fantasy/Medievil adventure oriented mud.
    What's the relationship of Player.c and Creation.c? I understand what they are, but the documentation is sparse on living.c. I've been reading through the LPMud 2.4.5 code to understand it, but it's already so ladden with combat code, I get lost. Plus, my knowledge of inheritance is limited.
    If I create a living.c who should inherit it? player.c or creation.c?

Thanks,
Dereck.