[DGD]Mappings with array indices

Gregory D Lewis glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Sun Jan 21 20:51:09 CET 2001

Paul Belemjian wrote:
> Erwin Harte wrote:
> > No.
> That about what I figured when I did some more tests on it and couldn't
> get it to work any other way.
>
> The application for this is to store a grid for players to walk around
> on.  I only want to store locations where things actually are.  I am
> currently using a mapping of mappings to generate the x,y coordinates
> and wanted to see if I could simplify it with only one indice like
> that.  I guess if I want to only have one layer of mappings I'll have to
> stick the x/y coords together as strings.

Thats one solution.  Personally, I'd take a look through the MUD-Dev
archives, where there have been a number of discussions on how to do
this.  Even though not specifically focused on DGD, I suspect you may
still find this useful.

--
Greg Lewis                              Applied Maths Department
Email : glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au    University of Adelaide