[DGD]Re: Foreach and anonymous functions in DGD

Ludger Merkens balduin at uni-paderborn.de
Wed Jan 31 10:38:13 CET 2001

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Lee Randolph Salzman wrote:

> I polished up the implementation some more, added some documentation, fixed some
> bugs, and added a feature here and there. Hopefully, this should more or less be
> a feature freeze on my modifications.

[...]
> So, would it be possible to have these changes merged into DGD (pending testing
> and such)? I am attempting to work on a mud with DGD (as opposed to MudOS) and I
> hesitate to so without these features, which is why I added them in the first place. :)

Well, I wouldn't expect this too much. As Dworkin already stated he will
treat your add on similar to e.g. the net package. This means he keeps
his code clean - The "vanilla" version. But your package (as a diff) will
become a more or less official add-on with your own copyright, easy to
remember names for the package etc. So that people can refer to your code,
if they are talking about problems or features of your code. He also
suggested to make two packages from this. One for anonymous functions and
one for foreach. Further development will be up to you, and very probably
you will also have to cope with changes from Dworkins further development.
This at least describes what I'm used to see with other dgd enhancements.

greetings
Ludger