[DGD]Re: Foreach and anonymous functions in DGD

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 31 17:22:57 CET 2001

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 05:04:42PM +0100, Felix Croes wrote:
> Lee Randolph Salzman <lsalzman+ at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>
> > So, would it be possible to have these changes merged into DGD (pending testing
> > and such)? I am attempting to work on a mud with DGD (as opposed to MudOS) and I
> > hesitate to so without these features, which is why I added them in the first place. :)
>
> DGD is not open source in the ordinary sense.  The availability of new
> code, and a consensus that the features added by this code are desirable,
> are not sufficient to have that code included into the main source.
> What you have to do is convince <me>.  Generally, you may assume that
> if I thought a feature desirable, I would have implemented it myself. :)

Don't let that discourage anyone out there who has fresh new ideas, of
course, but it might be wise to check the list-archives to see if
perhaps the idea isn't all that fresh and possibly has been discarded
before, to prevent cruel disappointment. ;-)

Erwin -- still hoping to one day convince Dworkin to merge the network
         package into vanilla DGD. *grin*
--
Erwin Harte         :    `Don't mind Erwin, he gets crabby. :)'
harte at xs4all.nl     :       -- Par Winzell <zell at skotos.net>