[DGD]Distributed mud, testers needed

Geir Harald Hansen dgd-list at geir-hansen.com
Fri Jun 1 00:10:47 CEST 2001

I've been working on a distributed mud server for my thesis.  I've set up
some statistics, counting resource usage.  Maybe it gives me something
to write about in my thesis paper.  Now I need some people to log in and
take a look around, making those numbers move.

If you have a spare moment, direct your mudclient to tyrfing.ifi.uio.no
port 4000.  Type a name and you're in.  As you move around you may get
disconnected after a message like "REDIRECT levding.ifi.uio.no:4000",
which means you need to log in at levding.ifi.uio.no port 4000
to continue.

If you use Tinyfugue, these macros can automate redirection and login:

/def -ag -mregexp -t"^REDIRECT (.+):([0-9]+)$" dredir = /connect %P1 %P2
/def -p900 -h"PROMPT *login: *" dname = /send YOUR-NAME
/def -p900 -h"PROMPT *Password: *" dpass = /send YOUR-PASSWORD

I don't know how it would look in other mudclients, sorry.

As a side note..  The command parser may also be interesting to try out.
You can do things like "get the rocks except the tiny pebbles from the
backpack and give them to bubba".  It also supports "get rocks" and
"give rocks to bubba" though.

Feel free to create an extra character to try things out.
Thanks for visiting :)

- Geir