[DGD]Best way to create datatypes...

Michael J. Bacon mj.bacon at gte.net
Fri Jun 1 20:15:55 CEST 2001

	Greetings everyone.  I have been working on a high precision math library
extension for DGD.  It works pretty good except for the fact that right now
I have to store the high precision number as a string in LPC objects, ie
"13.787123912312313351230987871231251121" instead of the custom numeric
structure that the functions use to actually do the math.  So each time I
need to do any high precision math I first have to call a function to
convert the string into the custom data structure, then do my math, then
output the number as a string and destroy the structure then return the
string for lpc to display or store in an object string variable....

	So my question is - what's a better way to do this?  Is there an extendable
way to add new datatypes to DGD or a way to pass a pointer to this structure
back and forth from LPC?

Thanks!
Michael.