[DGD]Another newbie question

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Tue Jun 5 00:11:21 CEST 2001

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 01:51:16PM -0400, Stephen Schmidt wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, James J. Bennett wrote:
> > Is it difficult to port a mudlib (like say tmi-2) to dgd?
>
> Yes, it would be the work of many months for a wizard of
> reasonable but not exceptional experience.
>
> > Are there significant problems with porting a lid from say mudos to dgd?
>
> I don't know if anyone has ever tried that. It would be hard. If
> I had to do it, I'd start with Melville and build it up until it
> could handle the MudOS code. But you'd have to make substantial
> changes to Melville to make it compatible with MudOS, notably in
> security.

There was at one point a "MudOS-alike" package which may aid considerably
in either of these ventures.  For information see the FAQ or search the
list archives.  It may well need updating for 1.2 though.

Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Mobile: 0419 868 494
Information Technology                Web   : http://www.eyesbeyond.com