[DGD]mudlib features

Risto Karjalainen risto.karjalainen at pp1.inet.fi
Fri Mar 9 10:20:46 CET 2001

Stephen Schmidt wrote:
> Is there anyone else that has a wish list for Melville
> and if so, what's on it?

I would like to see NPC's. They could be very simple - like merely transfering all the code that's in common with PC's and NPC's from player.c to an own file, similar to living.c in 2.4.5. This would greatly simplify the work of any beginning coder who decided to pick Melville as their first lib.

> Also, would anyone be interested in a version of Melville
> that ran on top of the kernel lib

I would be greatly interested in this as it might give me some ideas on how the kernel lib works. I have spent some hours reading the kernel sources but oh how lost I am. I have no idea on how I should start expanding from it. But no more of this - off topic.

And by the way, does my message have these exasperating MIME-craps or is it just plain text? And is it wrapped correctly at 80 chars? If it isn't, then you may put all the flame on Microsoft for writing as complex and anti-user-friendly email program as Outlook Express (and perhaps some flame on me for using it). I might not have given the expression, but I am really sorry if my post is unreadable and I apologize.

Regards,
Risto Karjalainen

p.s. Any recommendations for a free email program on Windows?
p.p.s. I'm not Indian or Spanish.