[DGD]Newbie Question

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 20 19:23:03 CET 2001

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 12:16:26PM -0600, Ryan wrote:
> Hrmm.
>
> I swore there was a file where I specified the base directory from which dgd
> ran... where i would put /home/foo/dgd or some such... And where I would
> specify how many connections could connect, and where i could specify a port
> number and maybe an ip address..
>
> Wouldnt 'cp make.sysv Makefile' in the src directory do the same thing as
> editing dgd/src/Makefile and changing the 'HOST' setting (NETBSD by
>  default) to be LINUX
>
> *Shakes his head violently to rid it of cobwebs*

Aaaah.  There are two things that are being mixed up here (by all of
us, it looks like):

 - Compiling DGD itself.
 - Using DGD to run a mud.

What I'm talking about is only relevant to compiling DGD.

What you're talking about is a file like you can find in dgd/mud.dgd,
which contains the runtime location of the relevant files/directories
that DGD uses, including the 'lib' directory, the relative location of
the driver.c and auto.c file, etc.

You can't specify an ipaddress by the way, but you're right about the
port number and maximum connections.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion. :)

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte      : `Don't mind Erwin, he gets crabby. :)'
harte at xs4all.nl  :    -- Par Winzell <zell at skotos.net>