[DGD] ansi colour escapes

Troels Therkelsen troels at 2-10.org
Tue Nov 6 20:13:30 CET 2001

> Heya.
>
> I am a bit stumped on the subject of ansi escapes (for
> colour mainly, though cursorplacement would be handy
> as well). Now, in C (and the amylaar/ldmud
> implementation of lpc) I can use ansi escapes for
> colour as such: <code> \e[31m This is RED
> \e[00m</code>.
>
> With dgd, however, I cant seem to figure out the
> bloody escape! This is more than likely an oversight
> of mine, but how could I use the escapes?
>
> !ask

The telnet port of DGD will filter out escape characters,
I don't know the exact range, but I guess all < 32.
If you want to use them you either have to patch DGD
(I can't remember the patch off hand, but I remember it
was a one-liner so it can't be too hard, it's in the
mailinglist archives, though) or use the binary port.

Regards,

/Troels Therkelsen