[DGD] ansi colour escapes

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 6 21:16:53 CET 2001

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 08:13:30PM +0100, Troels Therkelsen wrote:
[...]
> The telnet port of DGD will filter out escape characters,
> I don't know the exact range, but I guess all < 32.
> If you want to use them you either have to patch DGD
> (I can't remember the patch off hand, but I remember it
> was a one-liner so it can't be too hard, it's in the
> mailinglist archives, though) or use the binary port.

To be precise, see dgd/src/comm.c, the comm_write() function:

    } else if ((*p & 0x7f) < ' ' && *p != HT && *p != BEL && *p != BS) {

Anything under 32 except for:

   HT  a.k.a \011 a.k.a \r
   BEL a.k.a \007 a.k.a \a
   BS  a.k.a \010 a.k.a \b

Also allowed is \n of course, but that's dealt with a few lines before
that if-statement.

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte <harte at xs4all.nl>