[DGD] Fatal error: out of sectors / Aborted

Thomas Conner Annandale gte829m at prism.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 10 16:59:39 CEST 2001

I'm using dgd-1.2.29.  I have both the static_chunk and dynamic_chunk set
to ten megs in my .dgd file.  Yet the driver STILL crashes with the "Fatal
error: out of sectors / Aborted" message.  The only thing my driver is
running is the httpd that I wrote, and there is only a moderate user load
(perhaps an access every few minutes).

My cloneable "interactive" object, which is defined as the binary
connection object by the driver, is always destroyed after it sends its
data (I know this simply by checking the array returned by the
users() kfun.  If this kfun doesn't return binary connections, then I may
be wrong), so I don't think these objects are accumulated in the
system.  The "interactived" object holds all of the "user" and
"entry" objects in the system (my httpd allows people to log in as a user
and write things on my webpage for others to see), but these objects are
non-persistent and there certainly aren't 10 megs worth of them.

Can someone give me some kind of suggestion for what to do?  At the
moment, I can't think of anything but to keep increasing my memory chunks
and doing increasingly frequent periodic saves.

Thomas
www.boredatheist.com