[DGD] arrays again

pete at ana.sk pete at ana.sk
Thu Oct 11 10:28:37 CEST 2001

> Fair enough. The driver is one possibility, but you could achieve
> some of this result by masking call_other() in the auto object and
> perform the deep copy if the return value is an array or a mapping.

Thats not enough in general, cause im using something like b=a,
b[...]=... in some cases and of course i dont want a to be changed.
I had to walk through code yesterday and try find all of it (which im
still not sure i did all). The main problem was that i spent really too
long time in catching some bug before i found out its because of
array sharing (an idea that would not come to me even in worst
nigtmare actually). I can just hope i corrected it all now. Actually
after reworking some parts litte i do not need recursive array
copies, always only 1 dimensional ones.
Sorry guys if i ofended anyone with my previous emails, but i was
REALLY mad about if for a while. I still think dgd is great and i
thank everyone that spent his time developing it.

Pete