[DGD] static creator function not called on cloned objects?

Mikael Lind z94lind at mtek.chalmers.se
Sat Oct 20 19:53:37 CEST 2001

Quoting Mikael Lind from 19:50, 2001-10-20:

> Quoting Troels Therkelsen from 20:09, 2001-10-19:
>
> >   stderr(object_name(a = compile_object("/core/obj/a")));
> >   call_other(a, "???");
> >   stderr(object_name(b = clone_object(a)));
> >   call_other(b, "???");
>
> The last line does not make a difference, as the clone is initialized
> regardless of whether you call it or not. Master objects are
> initialized at the first call. Exactly what output do you get?

In light of Dworkin's recent posts on the subject, please disregard
my reply. Or do regard it, if you prefer that. ;D

// Mikael / Elemel

--
I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm / To feel connected enough to
step aside and weep like a widow / To feel inspired / To fathom the