[DGD] Could it work...

Troels Therkelsen troels at 2-10.org
Mon Sep 17 19:14:21 CEST 2001

First of all, Matt, I'd have to say that I'm happy for all the questions
you've asked as I have learnt a lot from the answers people have given,
being new to DGD myself.

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, mtaylor wrote:
> I'm sure I've missed loads but I wasn't entirely sure why the kernel lib was
> so important to use. The above does seem tricky but doesn't sound
> impossible. With looking at the kernel I'm sure we can work it out seeing as
> that's how we've coded the connection stuff etc. so far.
> Or am I being dim?
I think the point people are trying to make is that very careful thought
has gone into making the kernel lib, and by using the kernel lib, you are
saved from doing a lot of trial-and-error attempts at your own 'kernel
lib'.  Especially if one is not terribly interested in the knitty-gritty
details, that's where I'd assume the kernel lib helps; at least that's the
point I think Par was trying to make :-)

/Troels