[DGD] Could it work...

mtaylor mtaylor at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 17 19:28:27 CEST 2001

Yep, I agree that makes sense :)
To be honest we looked at the kernel lib and had no idea what was going on
;) So with a lot of work and head banging we built our own system from the
ground up. The great thing about that is that I know what every little bit
of code does. I was unsure about working with something I couldn't
understand. Maybe now we can look back and say ... 'oops' but I think it's
okay...

...from everything said so far I'm not sure it's impossible to implement
what we need from the kernel lib for our mud. The other coder involved is a
techy and will probably find it a lot easier than I do ;)
I know it will take longer perhaps than using the kernel lib but we'll have
learned so much more and be so much more comfortable with our code :)

Anyway ... Everyone is of course invited to come and see our mud running.
Should be 2 - 3 months all going well before we start testing. Um ... If
we're not supposed to say that on the list, sorry.

Any comments :)

Matt