[DGD] 1.2.42

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Sun Apr 14 15:49:19 CEST 2002

diff -c dgd/src/Changelog:1.280 dgd/src/Changelog:1.281
*** dgd/src/Changelog:1.280     Fri Mar 22 00:09:51 2002
--- dgd/src/Changelog   Sun Apr 14 14:57:59 2002
***************
*** 1507,1509 ****
--- 1507,1511 ----
   - Fixed a config file reading bug that could occur if the server was restarted.
   - Add arrays of telnet ports and binary ports to status().
   - Include the server name with the version number.
+  - Fixed a bug in saving/restoring variables in an object that privately
+    inherited another.

ftp://ftp.dworkin.nl/pub/dgd/experimental/1.2.41-1.2.42.gz

In this version, I am removing all optional Skotos and networking package
support from the kernel library.  Vanilla DGD's new port handling has
changed the interface of the kernel library, and that changed interface
does not make much sense for other versions.  Moreover, I do not maintain
the other branches myself, and the last released version of the networking
package already included patches to the kernel library that I had failed
to properly keep track of.  It is time for the maintainers of other DGD
branches to take responsibility for all the modifications to the kernel
library that their codebase requires.  I recommend that they deviate as
little as possible from the interface I define.

Almost all of the changes to the kernel library in 1.2.42 are to this
effect, with the exception of minor text output changes in the wiztool
and in the driver object.