[DGD] A call_out problem

Aki J Kotala kotala at cs.Helsinki.FI
Sun Apr 14 17:38:36 CEST 2002

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, Felix A. Croes wrote:

> The problem is your use of remove_call_out(), which in call_fun1() can
> remove the callout for call_fun2() that was just started.

Yes, that was one of those things that seem so bleeding obvious right
after hitting send. ,) I may have assumed that the new call_out started
in call_fun2() could not have the same handle id as the call_out which
started the thread.

> I see no need for remove_call_out() in the code that you posted, at all :)

In the actual game code, the functions may get called from anywhere.
The call_outs are there just to make sure that they get called at
least once in a certain while.

> Regards,
> Dworkin

Thanks for responding!