[DGD] Odd problem

Jay Shaffstall jshaffst at netwalk.com
Fri Apr 26 14:40:38 CEST 2002

>So telnet_connect() is called, but open() in the connection object isn't.
>My guess is that telnet_connect() does not return an object.
>
>It does show the fatal error, but on Windows, when started with an argument
>DGD doesn't hang on fatal errors -- it's assumed to be running from a
>script.  If you're debugging, start DGD without argument and then select
>a config file from the file menu.

Thanks for the tip!  Starting DGD in that way does get me an error.  The
telnet object was being created just fine, but the error was that DGD was
unable to create the swap file "../temp/swap".  I'm not sure why this is
giving me problems all of a sudden, since I've been running with this
config file for some time.

The swap file in the config file did indeed point to a nonexistent
directory.  Fixing that corrected the problem.

Thanks,
Jay