[DGD] LWO question

Jay Shaffstall jshaffst at netwalk.com
Tue Apr 30 22:53:16 CEST 2002

I've just begun playing around with light-weight objects, so if these
questions are answered elsewhere, please let me know where.

I wasn't certain what the new_object docs meant when it said, "If the
master object is itself a light-weight object, it will be copied."  There
seemed to be at least three possibilities, so I wrote some simple code to
test it out.

What I'm finding is that a shallow copy appears to be done...primitive data
types are copied, but mappings (and I'm assuming other reference types)
seem to be shared.

Is this the correct behavior?

Thanks,
Jay