[DGD] Running commands every 5 minutes

Noah Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Thu Aug 1 19:19:36 CEST 2002

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, muphicks wrote:
> I'm wanting to output the status for the mud I'm developing
> to a text file [...].
> I've found the commands I think I should use (kfuns)
> write_file and remove_file.

  Sounds good so far.

> However I'm not sure of how
> to get the function I write to run every so many minutes.

  Look into the call_out function.  You can schedule another call_out when
the first one runs from the function that is called.

> Also since I'm very new to coding for dgd, I'm not
> entirly certain of where would be the most appropriate
> place to put this function. Should it go in auto?

  If it's really *every* five minutes, you could schedule the first one in
your /usr/System/initd.c create() function, then schedule each successive
one from the function called.

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!