[DGD] [Melville] non-static mappings

Mikael Lind z94lind at mtek.chalmers.se
Wed Feb 6 10:58:42 CET 2002

Quoting John Ruiz from 13:07, 2002-02-05:

> Also, you may want to consider actually subtracting the key out (as
> opposed to setting it to nil) when removing aliases, so that you don't
> run the risk of getting zeros in your save file.  Noah Lee Gibbs has an
> insanely useful website that can show you how to do this (among other
> things).  You'll find it here:
> http://www.angelbob.com/projects/DGD_Page.html.

I do not get your point. In DGD, setting map[key] = nil will remove
the key-value pair from the mapping. This is just as safe as map -=
({ key }).

// Mikael / Elemel

--
I wished for 4 uncursed scrolls of gold detection
and all I got was this lousy .signature