[DGD] [Melville] non-static mappings

Shevek shevek at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 6 13:15:05 CET 2002

>I do not get your point. In DGD, setting map[key] = nil will remove
>the key-value pair from the mapping. This is just as safe as map -=
>({ key }).
>
>// Mikael / Elemel

Are you sure about that? I distinctly remember having to code a copying
function to get around the problem of keys being left in a mapping after
they'd been set to nil, the mapping in question was a set of arrays. As I
remember checking map indices still returns the key.
Then again I could be remembering it wrong, or have done it wrong in the
first place. Guess if folks need a pointer (Like me now), looking at
accessd in the kernel lib should provide the answers you need as it
manipulates a mapping for access checking.

Cheers,
         Shevek