[DGD] Please help with Mac OS X compiling

Matt Taylor mtaylor at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 25 02:35:13 CET 2002

Hi :)

I¹m sorry to be a bother but I could really do with some help...

I am trying to compile the dgd 1.2 source on my Mac ­ OS X ­ using the
terminal command line (which is unix based). I gunzip it and tar it and then
change the Makefile to GENERIC_BSD and change the mud.dgd file to represent
where the file is but I get this error when I try and type Œmake¹:

[localhost:~/Desktop/dgd/src] matt% make
gcc -I. -Icomp -Ilex -Ied -Iparser -Ikfun -DGENERIC_BSD  -O2   -c -o alloc.o
alloc.c
make: gcc: Command not found
make: *** [alloc.o] Error 127
[localhost:~/Desktop/dgd/src] matt%

Please please please help :)

I know it¹s not a fun question but I am stumped and it would be great if
someone could help :)

Kind regards,

Matt Taylor