[DGD] (no subject)

Noah Lee Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Wed Jan 9 07:47:47 CET 2002

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Par Winzell wrote:
>  > But many folks use an upgrade() method to update objects
>  > when they're compiled.  How will we do the same for lightweight objects?
[...]
> You can, of course, use compile_object() on an already compiled LWO
> master object and it will update all the LWO's made from it. I'm not
> sure what you mean by an upgrade() function; you only need a complex
> upgrade mechanism for recompiling inheritables.

  Presumably you can add and remove member data from the object (a
private int, for instance).  I'd thought that one big obvious thing for
upgrade methods to do was to initialize new member data objects with
reasonable values.  Should that be done by whatever object has the
references to them?  I suppose I could just have any object assume it
needs to upgrade all its own lightweight objects...

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://www.angelbob.com/projects/DGD_Page.html"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!