[DGD] (no subject)

Noah Lee Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Wed Jan 9 08:00:30 CET 2002

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Par Winzell wrote:
> I'm not
> sure what you mean by an upgrade() function; you only need a complex
> upgrade mechanism for recompiling inheritables.

  Ah -- and I should explain this.  By an upgrade() function, I mean a
function called on an object when it is upgraded.  Thus, my earlier
comment about what they're good for.  Whether to have it at all is
naturally a decision of the MUDLib and its objectd, but several MUDLibs
choose to.  The idea is that it works kind of like create().  The
objectd calls it if it is present when an object has been recompiled.

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://www.angelbob.com/projects/DGD_Page.html"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!