[DGD] New object issues

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 15 05:46:30 CET 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 08:35:40PM -0800, Noah Lee Gibbs wrote:
>   This is an objectd question, as you'll likely guess :-)
>
>   I'm working based on the Kernel MUDLib.  Am I guaranteed that when an
> object is recompiled, it will be recompiled with the same issue number
> (the number returned by status(obj)[O_INDEX]) as the previous version?

Yes.  Recompile /kernel/sys/driver.c a few times, it'll stay 0 unless
you do something funky like destructing it on the fly (something I
would not recommend to try at home. ;-)

>   I realize this is *not* true if the previous version has already been
> destructed.

Right, but in that case you're not _recompiling_, you're really just
_compiling_.  Subtle but important difference.

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte <harte at xs4all.nl>