[DGD] [Melville] atomic functions

Jason Murray linux_boy69 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 04:27:07 CET 2002

Hi,

>From: Stephen Schmidt <schmidsj at union.edu>
>To: dgd at list.imaginary.com
>Subject: Re: [DGD] [Melville] atomic functions
>Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:56:17 -0500 (EST)
>
>On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Jason Murray wrote:
> > You need Melville 0.9. It has been upgraded to support atomic functions.
>
>News to me :)  Does this mean that you need DGD 1.2 to use atomic
>functions (I think correct) and that Melville 0.9 has been upgraded
>to run on DGD 1.2 (I know correct)?
>
>Steve

Yes and yes. Unless I am mistaken in believing that Melville 0.9 has
atomic_error() in the driver.

I should have been more careful. You need DGD 1.2 to use atomic functions,
and you need the mudlib to have the appropriate function in the mudlib's
driver to even get DGD off the ground. I assumed that DGD 1.2 was being used
and that the poster was searching for a mudlib suitable to work with DGD 1.2
without adding atomic_error().

Sorry for any confusion.

Jason