[DGD] [Melville] atomic functions

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Wed Jan 16 04:35:21 CET 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Jason Murray wrote:
> Steve Schmidt wrote:
> >Does this mean that you need DGD 1.2 to use atomic
> >functions (I think correct) and that Melville 0.9 has been upgraded
> >to run on DGD 1.2 (I know correct)?

> Yes and yes. Unless I am mistaken in believing that Melville 0.9 has
> atomic_error() in the driver.

It doesn't. However, I think that vanilla 1.2 does not require
that function to be in the driver. I have not upgraded to any
of the experimental branches, and last downloaded the standard
version about 8 months ago. Any changes since that time might
break Melville. Of course, adding that function to the driver
would probably not be a difficult task if it is necessary.

Steve