[DGD] Sensible telnet access for coders

Neil McBride neil at castinian.org
Thu Jan 24 05:56:11 CET 2002

"Arnau RossellCastell " wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've been trying to find a way to give coders telnet and ftp access to the
> server, so they can use better text editors than the crude ed in dgd, and i
> want also that they can keep their source hidden from other coders, and i can't
> find a way to do it without problems. So far i thought of this:

Have you considered have a 'file upload' and 'text editor' facility
available by an LPC httpd web server?  I have close to zero idea how to
code a httpd server off the top of my head, but I know it can be done.
The two facilities would only be an extra step after that and they would
all be subject to the driver security.

Just a thought for a different solution than going down the telnet path.

Neil.