[DGD] Swap file

Mikael Lind z94lind at mtek.chalmers.se
Thu Jan 24 09:27:42 CET 2002

Quoting Chooser Fireman from 20:59, 2002-01-23:

> I am wondering about the swap file ... currently I am running at
> around 1000 sectors at 512 bytes per. Inside programs, would a
> private object NOT be in the swap as opposed to an object?

Whether a program declares a global variable as private or not does
not affect the swapping characteristics of any referenced object
value.

Each persistent object is swapped individually. Each non-persistent
(light-weight) object is simply part of the data of a persistent
object, and is thus swapped with that persistent object.

Does this answer your question? Otherwise, please ask again, perhaps
somewhat more verbosely this time around. ;D

// Mikael / Elemel

--
I wished for 4 uncursed scrolls of gold detection
and all I got was this lousy .signature