[DGD] [Melville] color and IMUD3

James Tait JTait at wyrddreams.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 14:44:54 CET 2002

Firstly, thanks to Erwin for replying on my behalf -- my reply got rejected
(or is awaiting approval, actually) because I replied from my work account.
:)  There are a couple of things you need to know about the link he posted.

Firstly, the e-mail addresses in there are all wrong! :)  I am no longer at
Middlesex University, and my bigfoot and crosswinds accounts no longer
exist.  If you do need to contact me and wrack my brain for hazy memories,
you'll need to do so at JTait at wyrddreams.demon.co.uk or
james.tait at morse.com.

Secondly, and perhaps most importantly, the IMUD3 Daemon (if you can call
it
that!) was written with a copy of the IMUD3 protocol specification by my
side.  This can be found at
http://cie.imaginary.com/protocols/intermud3.html and is well worth reading
through a couple of times before you get started.

Finally, it is a long time since I wrote the IMUD3 Daemon.  In fact, it's a
long time since I did any work with DGD, as I now have a full-time job
which
often requires long working hours, a fiancée to support, and, as such, very
little free time.  It was also written while I was a naive university
student, with very little thought for design, modularity, extensibility,
etc.  In short, it is very poorly implemented (in retrospect) and should
only really serve as a proof of concept.

Anyway, if you decide to take it on, good luck with it.  Have you had any
luck with getting a pre-patched binary for Win32?  Can anyone on the list
help?

Cheers,

JT (Oojmaflip at Wyrd Dreams, once upon a time. ;) )

--
James Tait
Linux advocate and MUD programmer