[DGD] compile host pc

James Gaunt email at jamesgaunt.co.uk
Mon Jan 28 22:07:49 CET 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chooser Fireman" <usff at hotmail.com>
To: <dgd at list.imaginary.com>
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 12:06 AM
Subject: Re: [DGD] compile host pc

> The error occurs @ 1.2.33 with the addition of scheduler.c

This is a bit of a shot in the dark - but are you using Windows XP, or maybe
some other Windows NT based o/s? I have tried compiling 1.2.35 on XP and it
crashed on start-up. I then compiled 1.2 on XP and it crashed as soon as you
try to either open an editor session or swapout. So i'm guessing that there
is some conflict with XP (or NT) and whatever DGD uses to write files
outside of its mudlib directories (or maybe just write files anywhere)- and
maybe this scheduler.c in 1.2.33 causes DGD to try to perform something like
this at startup?

As I say - just a guess as I usually run DGD on a laptop running Win98.  I
think we need guidance from a higher authority on the matter.

Regards

Kalten