[DGD] Question about swap file (maybe)

Jay Shaffstall jshaffst at netwalk.com
Wed Jul 31 04:46:52 CEST 2002

>If you run out of room shortly upon firing up your mudlib, it is more
>likely that all your code + initial clones combined are simply too
>much to fit.  Increase the size of your swap file and try again.

Thanks for the advice!  It actually ran out after some time of running, so
a memory leak is probably a likely culprit.  I had switched to light weight
objects for objects I was creating (and discarding) quite often, but I may
still have some clones that aren't getting destroyed.  I'll take a look at
that.

>Minimally one data sector per initialized object (clones and
>initialized standalone objects) and one code sector for each piece of
>compiled code.  Clones don't take up extra code sectors, just data
>sectors.

Thanks, that helps quite a bit!

Jay