[DGD] Nasty Problem - Please Help

Jesse Garrison horseboy72 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 10 14:53:33 CET 2002

Some friends and I have been working on a new DGD MUD for about five months
now and we are hoping to open for beta testing sometime during the summer.

We're using an extremely modified Melville lib.

This morning while I was waiting for a couple other coders to log on I added
a new channel and updated the information in options.h (which defines the
number and names of channels along with a few other things for those of you
not familiar with Melville.)

When I tried to reboot the MUD, I got the following error:

/include/options.h, 41: macro CHANNELS redefined
/include/options.h, 44: macro WIZ_CHANNELS redefined
/include/options.h, 47: macro NUM_CHANNELS redefined
Error within runtime error:
Compilation within compilation
Compilation within compilation
Config error: initialization failed.

When I reset all of the options exactly the way they were before. Same
error. I copied the original Melville options.h back in. Same Error. Updated
the original options.h to look like the one we have been using for months.
Same error again.

If anyone knows what's wrong with it, please respond ASAP. We have a lot of
work planned for today.

Driver is version 1.2p1 (Windows version)

Another Question while I'm asking.

I was told that MudOs has built in support for room resets and I was
wondering if DGD has that feature.

Thanks in Advance

Jesse Garrison