[DGD] Nasty Problem - Please Help

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Sun Mar 10 19:36:38 CET 2002

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Jesse Garrison wrote:
> This morning while I was waiting for a couple other coders to log on I added
> a new channel and updated the information in options.h (which defines the
> number and names of channels along with a few other things for those of you
> not familiar with Melville.)
> When I tried to reboot the MUD, I got the following error:
> /include/options.h, 41: macro CHANNELS redefined
> [ snip ]

Any chance that you may be #including options.h twice in some
file, perhaps as a result of a mouseo during a cut and paste
operation? That's the first thing that comes to my mind that
would generate this error. Either that, or perhaps you cut
and pasted the macros into a file that also #includes options.h,
as that would do it also.

Or other variations on that theme.

Steve/Mobydick