[DGD] Kernel question

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 16 05:12:49 CET 2002

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 11:09:53PM -0500, Jay Shaffstall wrote:
[...]
> I'm still trying to figure out, then, in what circumstances the
> send_message call in the /kernel/lib/connection message () method will fail
> to send the entire string.  The parameter being passed in is a string,
> which you say should always make it on the first call.

If the buffer is empty, it should.  If you're filling it up with more
than the maximum string size via multiple message() calls, you're
going to run into problems and want to write a 'buffered output' type
of wrapper around the standard user object.

Think 'httpd serving up large pages or images' for instance.

Hope that helps,

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte <harte at xs4all.nl>