[DGD] Kernel question

Jay Shaffstall jshaffst at netwalk.com
Sat Mar 16 05:09:53 CET 2002

> > The connection object also seems to assume that a second call to
> > send_message will always send everything that's still pending (this is
> done
> > in message_done).  Is that true?
>
>No.  If you'll think about it, you'll see that the send_message call from
>message_done() is always the <first> call -- the first one in the current
>thread.

Yeah, it does makes sense that message_done would be called in a new thread.

I'm still trying to figure out, then, in what circumstances the
send_message call in the /kernel/lib/connection message () method will fail
to send the entire string.  The parameter being passed in is a string,
which you say should always make it on the first call.

Thanks for the help,
Jay