[DGD] object manager

Noah Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Wed May 1 18:37:30 CEST 2002

On Wed, 1 May 2002 pete at ana.sk wrote:
> Is there a way how to find out if object is beging
> upgraded except trying to compile it (and catch the
> error)?

  Well, the way you describe below seems to work :-)  Seriously, though, I
this one seems like a toughie.  I was going to say you could put the data
in the object manager structure for each object, but then when a thread
ends that flag would need to be reset, and I have no idea how that would
work.

> P.S.: I have a working mudlib too, i would say it is in
> similar features state as melville, more or less.

  Cool!  A third one!

  Since I'm a guy with a tendency to steal features from other MUDLibs,
I'd like to request you release code to the public, and preferably in the
public domain :-)

> It is
> built on kernel library, but cant run on stock dgd, i
> made several extension kfuns and some other
> things in driver for it.

  This is a little unusual, but can still probably be hacked around.  Not
only might other MUDLibs be enriched, but people could suggest other ways
to do the things you hack the driver for.  Those questions have
historically done quite decently on the mailing list, often even before
Felix has time to respond with The One True Answer :-)

> [...] but be aware, i have
> never worker with any other mudlib before, just with
> some circe mud drivers, so it may be little weird
> inside :)

  That makes it all the more interesting.  If yours looked just like
everybody else's, there would be nothing to learn from it.

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!