[DGD] Melville 0.9

Billie Kennedy bkennedyjr at mindspring.com
Thu May 2 20:54:20 CEST 2002

It may have been a windows issue since I use NT.  I had to nuke the file and redo the entire soul.dat file from within the mud.  The souls didn't work coming out of the box.  I'm sure its been mentioned once or twice before.  And I know I've walked a few of my friends through fixing it.

On Thu, 2 May 2002 14:45:36 -0400 (EDT) Stephen Schmidt <schmidsj at union.edu> wrote:

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Billie Kennedy wrote:
> Could you make sure that the soul.dat file is fixed when you do?  That
> was a major sticking point for me with the soul_d not working.  Took me
> a bit of time to figure out that the file was corrupted.

Hm, first I've heard of that.... there is a conceptual problem
with the soul daemon (when you update it, create() is not called
so the data is not reloaded) but I don't think that corrupts the
data file. I'll make sure it works before I tar/zip.

Steve