[DGD] Melville 0.9

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Thu May 2 21:04:43 CEST 2002

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Billie Kennedy wrote:
> It may have been a windows issue since I use NT.

All errors occuring on Windows systems are assumed to be Windows
bugs until replicated on a UNIX system  ;)

Question for the audience. compile_object(), which is the kfun
that the update command invokes, replaces the code of an existing
(master) object, but keeps the data the same insofar as the
variables are the same in both the old and the new versions.

Would it make sense to have a "recreate" command in a mud which
would destroy the object (blowing the data away), compile the
new version, and then invoke create() in the new object? Or
would create() get invoked automatically when the object was
loaded de novo?

Or do I have some hideous misunderstanding hidden in the question?

Steve