[DGD] Using MySQL C++ API

Soulstar soulstar999 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 20 03:14:14 CET 2002

Hi, everyone. I'm new to this list, and this is my first posting.

I have a Win2000 Server with basic DGD 1.2p2 and Kernel Mudlib running
smoothly.
Now I wanted to add some MySQL funtionality to it. So I went and check the
web,
and found a MySQL C++ API (linked below)
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/api-mysql++.html

I've download the API, and compiled it, and been able to use it from some
simple C++
programs.

The question that I have is this, how do I use it in my mudlib.
I'm thinking that i would want a daemon, say, mysqld, that will handle all
the info
to and from my sql server, and i think it should be the only object that can
do so.
And in the mysqld, i will add some method calls that i can call from other
objects
to retrieve, and store data, with proper security checking, of course.

Should I imcorperate thie C++ API into the DGD source directly ? or can I
include, or inherit it in my mysqld ?

I have given some thought to this question, and given that mysqld will be
written in
lpc, i would need to incorporate it into DGD source.
If this is the case, how would i do it ?

Thanks for reading this post

Regards,
Soulstar