[DGD] Using MySQL C++ API

Keith Dunwoody keithdunwoody at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 08:25:43 CET 2002

Hi,

What you are suggesting is actually fairly hard to do,
harder than you may realize.  May I suggest you start
out by reading the documentation included with the
driver, because although it's very minimal, it does
touch on extending the driver (I think), which is what
you'll have to do.

Also, as far as I know DGD is written in C, not C++,
so you'll need to get the C api for MySQL.  There are
also other possibilities, but these have already been
discussed on the list (as mentioned before).

-- Keith

PS.  I would also like to mention that you should
probably explore alternatives to writing a database
interface, as interfacing MySQL (or any other
database) with DGD is non-trivial.