[DGD] Problems when not on localhost

Noah Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Fri Nov 22 04:27:55 CET 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Erwin Harte wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 04:03:53PM -0800, Noah Gibbs wrote:
> [...]
> > > - firewall?
> >
> >   Nope.  Maybe at work, but that shouldn't affect outbound
> > connections.  No firewall inbound.
>
> Right, I can get to 22 (ssh) and 25 (smtp), 80 (http).

  Actually, MonkeySpeak isn't my machine.  So yes, Tom is running a
firewall :-)  Still shouldn't affect outbound connections.  My machine is
at 207.214.111.195, with no particularly useful hostname.

> Check /var/log/kern.log or similar files for any relevant content,
> assuming you're running with iptables, see what 'iptables -L' tells
> you.

  Not running with IPTables, I don't think.

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!