[DGD] bind() in driver

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Fri Oct 11 22:02:49 CEST 2002

Since no one else is troubling to actually answer the question,
I will do so, though my answer is not a very good one.

> > Are there any plans to implement address-specific
> > bind()-ing? I.e. allowing the config file to specify
> > which local addresses to listen on? The host/connect.c currently just
> > does a bind to INADDR_ANY.

I may be misunderstanding the question, but the telnet_port and
binary_port are specified in the config file. Perhaps the #defined
term is defining a piece of code rather than a fixed constant? I do
not do driver source, so cannot provide a better answer.

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Chris Kaczor wrote:
> Sheesh - I would have thought we were all adult enough to not let the
> name of the poster influence our response.

I would have thought we -should be- adult enough to do that, and in
fact I do think so, but I've been on this list long enough to know
that some of us aren't.

I can't wait to see what Zell makes of

Mobydick

(more frequently known as Steve Schmidt)