[DGD] bind() in driver

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Fri Oct 11 22:12:44 CEST 2002

> I may be misunderstanding the question, but the telnet_port and
> binary_port are specified in the config file. Perhaps the #defined
> term is defining a piece of code rather than a fixed constant? I do
> not do driver source, so cannot provide a better answer.

He's talking about e.g. an ethernet interface binding several addresses
or a machine having several interfaces or some other reason why a server
could bind e.g. port 4000 on 192.168.1.1 but not on 192.168.1.2 or, say,
127.0.0.1 -- even though those addresses all point to the same machine.

People use this functionality for e.g. Apache constantly. It is quite
easy to implement in DGD -- I'll let Felix talk about whether or not he
has any plans to put it into the distribution.

Zell