[DGD] bind() in driver

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Fri Oct 11 22:24:01 CEST 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Chris Kaczor wrote:
> Most muds that I've seen are all about plunder, looting, and pillaging

That's probably not an accurate description of the subset of MUDs
that use DGD, although in the larger group it probably is.

> and isn't this a list that is more or less devoted to the creation of
> muds?

I wouldn't say so. It's about the DGD driver. We discuss mudlibs
here also because of the lack of any better place to do it. But
this is a DGD-specific list. Discussion of muds in general probably
is not appropriate here unless it ties into DGD features somehow.
I wouldn't apply that limitation too strictly, but at some point
all discussions ought to come back to using DGD (as opposed to
some other driver).

> Spare me the adult crap. If you think maturity means you don't give a
> damn about anything, you've got a ways to go.

I would have thought that "maturity" implied the ability to deal
with something by engaging it, rather than refusing to deal with
it because you don't like the signature under it.

Steve/Moby