[DGD] Driver error message patch

Keith Dunwoody keithdunwoody at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 14 19:42:36 CEST 2002

May I suggest the following patch for the driver?  On
linux systems, it will return more accurate
information if this call fails.  Originally, this call
would print "gethostbyname: No such file or
directory", which I found misleading.  After the
patch, it will print the hostname, followed by ": Host
not found" (or something like that).

-- Keith

P.S.  According to the man page herror() is obselete,
but I couln't find any equivilent.

-- Patch begins here--
diff -c -r src-clean/host/unix/connect.c
src/host/unix/connect.c
*** src-clean/host/unix/connect.c       Mon Oct 14
10:19:59 2002
--- src/host/unix/connect.c     Mon Oct 14 10:15:31
2002
***************
*** 375,381 ****
--- 375,385 ----